Friday, January 16, 2015

Day 2: Another end

As this day draws to a close, I realize that I have no idea about the extent of my addiction nor the power of my self control. My ride home was punctuated with involuntary shivers as my body as a whole experienced the chills of withdrawal. I don't know why, but these bike rides accentuate the feeling.

Not only the bike rides. All my usual haunts were accompanied by smoking. Now going to those spots makes me wonder what I am doing there if I am not going to smoke. Living in India makes the problem worse of course. Most of the world only sells cigarettes in complete packs. You can't buy one cigarette alone. In India we can buy singular cigarettes from most sellers. What greater threat to a person who is trying to quit smoking? There is no pack to hide from your parents or your shame. It is only up to you to smoke or not to.

I try to be honest in these posts and I will say this. I fell asleep before I could finish this post. So I shall end it here and you can read it about in Day 3.


To all those who read these posts of mine, thank you. You are supporting me by just reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment