Saturday, January 17, 2015

Day 3: Otherwise uneventful

Today was good. In other words, today was almost uneventful. I had my cravings but they were not as bad as before so it was much easier to survive.

This weekend is going to be mostly spent by myself so it is up to me to stay strong and not give in. Right at this moment the craving is there. Not helped by the glass of Old Monk rum and water that I am drinking. Drinking inspires further smoking and I feel rather inspired right now. It just seems so "right" to be doing both together. Many people "smoke when they drink". Why? Because it feels so damn good. It's  alright. I'll survive this yet.

Just going back to the last time I tried quitting which was a couple of years ago, I realize that I had such a tough time. I would wake up in the middle of the night because I'd be dreaming about smoking. Not just smoking, but the act of smoking! That night I had dreamed of the near sacred dance I described in one of my first posts on this blog. The lighting, the inhaling. It was such a powerful dream that the next day, I went and bought myself a cigarette. I immediately regretted it while at the same time celebrating in the liberation that the nicotine brought me. I haven't had any such dreams this time around. Either that or nothing so far has shaken me up enough. It has been only three days and some people might say that I speak to soon. This time is different. This time I know.

This time I know. This time is the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment